Used for skin care, and for clean bowels and system.
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE). It sounds like a sci-fi movie about future earth, doesn't it? But it's an off-white, talc-like powder that is made up of fossilized remains of microscopic marine plants called diatoms.
Get this: What is so exciting about DE is that it kills bugs that has an exoskeleton (such as bed bugs, ants or fleas) when sprinkled on them because it absorbs their oils and fats. But - it doesn't hurt us! In fact, we can eat it! We do eat it! It's a food grade product that is used in lots of grain-based foods to keep the bugs from eating the grain! Can you name anything that can kill bugs that has an exoskeleton, but it's healthy for us? Works like a natural detoxifying agent.
How Diatomaceous Earth Works in Your Body
If you were to look at DE under the microscope, you would see cylinders that are full of holes. They look kind of like Rice Chex cereal. These cylinders have a strong negative charge. As these millions of cylinders move through your stomach and digestive tract, they help to attract and absorb the things you don't want laying around. These are trapped inside the cylinder and passed out of the body. At the same time these cylinders also run up and down against your intestine walls (colon). You know the advantages of that!
How it Can Help You
* In addition to being a great detox, small amounts of DE gets absorbed into your blood stream as silica (white, chemical compound in the earth's crust). One of the benefits of silica is that it helps to support your body in regard to bad fats. It gives good support for an already-healthy cholesterol range.
* Silica works similarly to antioxidants because it retains its traits as a stable particle even while continuously suspended in a liquid medium, allowing it to give you support for your healthy cells. And you know what healthy cells can do for you!
* Silica is broken down into a colloidal form, which gives surprising support to your healthy blood since it carries an electrical charge that attaches to free radicals (broken cells) and toxins.
* Since it has natural abrasive qualities, DE is used in many toothpastes, skin exfoliators, polishes and skin scrubs. Just like other beneficial clays, it dries out toxins, and leaves behind cleaned, smoothed skin.
* It also seems to have anti-aging effects by promoting strong bones, nails and teeth with the use of calcium.
How to Use it for Your Skin Issues and for Detox
Simply mix a small amount in water. Apply to the spot that is bothering you, and then let it sit for 10-30 minutes or until dry. Then brush it off. It can be repeated as needed.
For your colon and digestive system, it is best to start with a small dose of one-half teaspoon for the first few days, while making sure to drink plenty of clean fresh pure water (not city tap water). Slowly increase the dose so your body can tell as your body tells you it is okay to do so. You want to make sure that you don't have a heavy detox.
Other Uses - Home Applications
DE can be applied along baseboards, under appliances, inside cabinets and drawers, inside wall outlets, lightly in carpeting, and anywhere you are having an insect problem. Test lightly in an area of your home that you want to apply it to make sure you and your family don't have a reaction to it, then apply or reapply as needed. Bugs lay larvae or eggs, so DE must be left out long enough for the hatchlings to come in contact with it. You can vacuum the treated areas once/week (make sure some DE is in the vacuum bag to dehydrate any live insects you vacuum up), then reapply if needed.
Since most insects have a laying cycle of 7 to 21 days, we recommend treating inside the home for at least 30 days for best effectiveness. If the insect problem is coming from outside the home and the insects are now residing in your home, treat both outside the home and inside at the same time for maximum effectiveness.
Use DE for Your New Home
If you are building a new home, barn, or other structure that is the perfect time to use DE and apply it on the inside of the walls, before installing insulation, in the attic, etc. to prevent pesky bugs now and in the future. DE helps provide a nice safe home environment that doesn't have fleas, mites, ticks, flies, silverfish, cockroaches, bedbugs, centipedes, earwigs, ants - carpenter ants, red ants, black ants, and all other insects and bugs.
It's an inexpensive impressive ingredient that can give you more bang for your buck.
Do let me know how it works for you, for both your health and your home.
~ P.S. Do you know someone who may like DE? Why not send them this page? Send me an e-mail if you have any questions.
For Additional Reading on Silica
In 1939, the Nobel Prize winner for chemistry, Professor Adolf Butenandt, talked about how important Silica is for life life is with without Silica.
In the 2003 book "Water & Salt" Dr. Barbara Hendel stated: "Silica is the most important trace mineral for human health!"
Handcrafted products for the discerning consumer. Soothing and promoting problems for the issues that annoy you.
I can't say more per the FDA.
Thanks for contacting us. We will get in touch with you soon!Close this window